1. Practice good hygiene. Washing your hands regularly is the key way in fighting germs and bacteria off your hands. This will avoid transmitting cold and flu viruses. Also, avoid touching your nose and eyes, as this is where cold and flu viruses are transferred, which usually causes an infection. Keep household surfaces clean at all times, and make sure the things that come to contact with your hands the most, are constantly kept clean.
2. Get vaccinated
3.Consider supplements if needed. For example, if your body has a lack of vitamins ensure that you buy them from your local pharmacy, as this would help keep your immune system strong.
4. Keep as healthy as you can. Try to ensure that your meals have enough vitamins and minerals. Eat your five a day fruits and vegetables. Eat leafy, green vegetables, as this really helps in boosting up your immune system. Try to eat food with a lot of phytochemicals in them.
5. Control stress levels. Research has shown that people with higher stress levels, have a weaker immune system. Chronic stress does affect your immune system and makes you less resistant to infections.
6. Exercise regularly. Taking a walk, even on a cold day can really boost up your immune system.
7. Stay warm.
8. Don't smoke. Smoking can block your airways and therefore make you more vulnerable to infections.
9. Drink lots of fluids! Staying hydrated helps to maintain your body system. It also helps to cut down on symptoms.
10. Take precaution beforehand. A cold and a flu usually starts with a fever. Ensure that you do not wrap yourself up when you have a fever. Keep yourself cool. Washing your feet in cold water usually bring your temperature down.
Those are the ten important things to take care of during the winter season. Thank you for reading this post. I shall soon be posting on how to deal with a cold/flu if you do get one.